Stop by my friend Sonshine's blog to see a list of the top deals to take advantage of at Meijer this week and every week. Not only does Sonshine highlight all the best deals, she also provides coupon match-ups.
Here are a few of the meal ideas I see based on this week's sales.
Breakfast (or breakfast for dinner)
Peach & Pecan Puffed Pancake
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. milk (sale price - 2/$4)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 T. margarine or butter
- 2 peaches, sliced (sale price - $.89/lb.)
- 1/4 c. pecans, chopped (sale price - $5.99/lb. bulk)
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
2. Place the margarine or butter in a 13x9 casserole dish and place in a 425 degree oven. Leave in about 3-5 minutes, until margarine or butter is completely melted. Remove dish from oven and tilt to coat bottom completely.
3. Immediately pour the batter into the pan, arrange the peach slices, pecans and cinnamon on top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
*Serve with bacon (Plumrose bacon - 2/$4)
Sausage, red beans & rice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced (Eckrich - 2/$4)
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce (Hunts - 5/$4) + 2 T. water
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- dash of ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained (Meijer-brand canned beans - 5/$3)
- White or brown rice
2. Add the tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Bring to a slow boil, add the beans and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf and serve over rice.
Some other options: