Cheddar Pan Rolls
- 4-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. salt
- 1 T. active dry yeast
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 T. butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T. margarine or butter, melted
2. In a small saucepan, combine the milk and butter or margarine. Heat over low heat, stirring often, until butter is completely melted. Do NOT boil.
3. Pour milk/butter combo into the large bowl and mix well. Work in all of the remaining flour. Dough will be sticky. With your hands, mix the cheese into the dough just until combined. Do not knead. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Grease 3 8 or 9 inch cake pans and/or pie plates. Roll the dough into 36 golf ball-sized balls and place 12 in each greased pan. Cover and let rise again, at least 45 minutes.
5. Just before baking, melt 2 T. butter or margarine and brush over rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.If you make the full batch and cannot finish them all within a few days, the rolls freeze really well too.
Stop by Hooked On Houses to see what others are hooked on this week!