It worked, and the results were delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb. spaghetti, fully cooked and drained
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. hot sauce (more or less, depending on desired intensity. 1/4 c. will be mild to medium in flavor.)
- 1 c. Ranch or Bleu cheese dressing
2. In a saucepan, combine the cream cheese, hot sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Cook over medium-low heat until the cream cheese is completely melted. While the sauce is cooking, shred or cube the cooked chicken.
3. Add the dressing and chicken to the saucepan, stir to combine, and then toss with the cooked spaghetti.
I tasted this right after I made it and noticed that the heat increased a little after it had been sitting in the refrigerator for a few hours. So if you are making this ahead of time, you might want to keep that in mind.
Join the $5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners. And find some more great pasta recipes over at Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.