We like these for family movie or game nights. They'd also be fun food for entertaining. You could slice each loaf into small pieces and serve as an appetizer too. The fillings can easily be adjusted to taste too.
- 2 loaves Italian bread
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1 lb. bulk sausage (Italian or plain pork), cooked and drained
- 15-20 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives
- 1/4 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
2. Layer the sausage and pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce.3. Sprinkle the olives and mushrooms on top of the meats.
4. Add the cheese as the final layer.
5. Partially close the sandwiches and place in a 350 degree oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.