Come visit the new home of Cooking During Stolen Moments at http://stolenmomentscooking.com

Friday, January 23, 2009

Easy Batter Rolls

These rolls are SO easy and so delicious. I don't think I'll ever be able to go to brown and serve type rolls again!
 Easy Batter Rolls
Easy Batter Rolls
  • 3 c. all-purpose flour (or 1 1/2 c. white, 1 1/2 c. wheat)
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 2 1/4 t. yeast (or 1 pkg.)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 c. water
  • 2 T. butter
  • 1 egg
  • Melted butter

1. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.

2. Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush tops with melted butter.

6 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I love that you posted this recipe. When I was a kid, I remember my grandma making homemade rolls every time I was at her house. I never got her recipe and this looks to be very close.

Thanks!!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I am looking for a great roll recipe that my 9 year old daughter can do on her own....I think this is just what I was looking for. Thrilled to find you...two great finds in one hunt. :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ah- ha - should have known why I loved your blog my first visit (which is rare in my case...I tend to be picky). I have already visited Happy to be at Home and love it as well. :)

Melissa said...

These look so good!! And they seem pretty easy to. We are having aham later in the week & these will go perfect. Thanks for posting!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

These look beautiful and delicious!
I'll have to try them...I'm not really that good with bread!
-Kim

SnoWhite said...

these look great - do you think you can freeze the dough for later use?