Even though this is a favorite for date nights, sometimes we like to treat the kids and make this for lunch instead. They enjoy it as much as we do.
Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 8oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 pkg. wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
3. Add about 1 T. of filling in the center of each wrapper. Dip your finger in cold water, rub around the edges of wonton wrapper to moisten and seal.
4. Cook between 4-6 at a time, depending on the size of your pan. Cook on one side until lightly browned, flip and brown the other side. (Sorry I don't have exact times for these. I always just wing it until they look right, and turn down the heat if they start browning too quickly.)
5. Drain on a towel and keep warm in the oven.