Salisbury Steak w/Onion & Mushroom Gravy
(* This is not necessarily authentic Salisbury steak. Actually, when I was growing up my mom called it chopped steak.)
- About 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 shredded onion
- 1 T. garlic salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 T. flour
- 2 c. beef stock
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
2. Place the patties in a large saute pan. Flip when browned, about 5-8 minutes. Brown on the other side for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and continue cooking until meat is fully cooked. Remove patties to a plate.
3. In the pan drippings, cook onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent and mushrooms are browned. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Whisk in beef stock, bring to a boil and cook until desired consistency. Stir in Italian seasoning. Add patties back to the pan just to warm.