- 2 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 1/2 - 3/4 pound)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 T. flour
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (homemade or packaged)
- 1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack are best)
2. Add onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 more minutes, stirring often. Whisk in chicken stock, bring to a boil and let simmer until thickened.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream, green chilies and seasonings. Reserve 1 c. sauce. Stir chicken into skillet and fill tortillas with about 2 T. filling, roll up. Place rolled up enchiladas in a greased casserole dish. Cover with reserved sauce.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, sprinkle 1 c. cheese over the top and return to the oven.