- Breakfast - Cheesy scrambled eggs & toast
- Lunch - PB & honey sandwiches, yogurt, bananas
- Snacks - Carrots & celery sticks w/Ranch dressing
- Dinner - Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, skillet corn
- 8:30am - Make breakfast. Heat 2 T. olive oil in skillet, add chicken cover and cook.
- 8:50am - Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 9:00am - While finishing breakfast and clean-up, slices carrots and celery sticks for snack time. Put back in fridge. Dice onion.
- 9:15am - Add 1/2 the onion to skillet (put other 1/2 in fridge) that the chicken was cooked in. Cook for 5 minutes. Add flour, cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock. While stock simmers, shred chicken.
- 9:30am - When sauce is thickened, remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream, diced green chilies, and seasonings. Reserve one cup sauce. Stir chicken into remaining sauce.
- 9:40am - Grease a 13x9 casserole dish. Fill tortillas with about 2 T. chicken and sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in dish. Repeat for all 10 tortillas. Cover with reserved sauce.
- 9:50am - Cover casserole and put in fridge. Melt 2 T. butter in a small skillet, add onion, corn and seasonings. Cook for 10 minutes. While corn cooks, shred 1 c. cheese and put in fridge.
- 10:00am - Transfer corn to a microwave-safe dish and refrigerate. Clean kitchen.
- 12:30pm - Make lunch.
- 4:00pm - Snack time.
- 5:30pm - Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5:45pm - Put chicken enchiladas in oven.
- 6:00pm - Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas and return to oven.
- 6:15pm - Remove enchiladas from oven. Put corn in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Dinner is served.
- 2 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 1/2 - 3/4 pound)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 T. flour
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (homemade or packaged)
- 1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack are best)
2. Add onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 more minutes, stirring often. Whisk in chicken stock, bring to a boil and let simmer until thickened.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream, green chilies and seasonings. Reserve 1 c. sauce. Stir chicken into skillet and fill tortillas with about 2 T. filling, roll up. Place rolled up enchiladas in a greased casserole dish. Cover with reserved sauce.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, sprinkle 1 c. cheese over the top and return to the oven.
(For just this recipe, go here.)