Usually I like to serve this over homemade egg noodles or spaetzle. However, I don't always have time to make those so a bag of egg noodles works great in a pinch.
- 2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T. sweet paprika
- 1 c. Chicken stock
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 lb. fully cooked & drained egg noodles or spaetzle
2. Add the chicken to the skillet, then add the paprika and chicken stock. Stir to incorporate the paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover skillet, and let simmer for one hour. Remove from heat.
3. Take the chicken out of the skillet and cut into cubes. Stir the sour cream into the sauce in the skillet. Place the chicken back in and stir to coat. Serve over egg noodles or spaetzle.