Come visit the new home of Cooking During Stolen Moments at http://stolenmomentscooking.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole

Sometimes I really appreciate the fact that I tend to be lazy. Honestly, I work hard in the kitchen only so that I can take a few days off! And beyond that, my laziness tends to feed my creativity. Which is what happened today. I really wanted to serve twice-baked potatoes with our meatloaf cup dinner. However, I could not find my motivation for getting involved in that whole process. Hence...Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
  • 2 lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 c. sour cream or 1/2 c. sour cream and 1/2 c. Ranch dressing
  • 4-5 slices chopped bacon, cooked
  • 2 c. cheese
  • 2 t. salt
  • 1 t. black pepper
  • 1 t. garlic powder
!. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot. Slightly mash potatoes before adding any other ingredients.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream (or sour cream and ranch), bacon, 1 c. cheese and the seasonings to the potatoes. Stir until well combined.
3. Transfer the potato mixture to a small casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese. Refrigerate or bake immediately at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.*If I had had some green onions on hand, I definitely would have added those too!

Getting the taste I was craving with minimal effort is certainly a finer thing! Stop by my friend Amy's blog to join in Finer Things Friday.

And stop by The Grocery Cart Challenge to join the recipe swap.

9 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! This sounds amazing!

Anonymous said...

Definitely the way to go! I love twice-baked, but they are time consuming.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ~ looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!!

JessieLeigh said...

This looks and sounds delicious-- and I love that this is a version you could easily transport to a potluck too!

Kristen said...

That looks so delicious. I am sure my family would love it. Thanks for the recipe.

Nicole said...

Sounds yummy and easy! My 2 favorite things.

Michelle said...

I am seriously drooling right now. YUMMO.

Little Miss Moneybags said...

I'm making these right now and they are infinitely easier than twice-baked! This is going to show up on my table quite a bit.

Anonymous said...

I tried these on the night I read the recipe and they were amazing. We saved the leftovers and reheated with breakfast. They were even better. Thanks for the yummy recipe.