Bacon waffles are the ultimate choice in breakfast food for me. A crispy, chewy waffle filled with pieces of crispy bacon, drenched with syrup and a little butter - what could be better? Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), not a single restaurant within a 30 mile radius of our house has these on their menu. As soon as I saw the waffle maker I got for Christmas, I just knew I would have to christen it with a batch of these sinful waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. maple extract, optional
- 1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon (Perfect for leftover bacon.)
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Temper or cool the melted butter and add to the egg mixture, along with the extracts. Fold in the bacon.
3. Bake according to the instructions on your waffle maker.
You can certainly use this bacon method with your own favorite waffle recipe, or even in pancakes. They freeze perfectly and reheat nicely in the toaster.
Stop by Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.