I'll be stealing some time in the kitchen to make this yummy dinner tomorrow night.
If you want to see my menu plan for the week, I posted it on my other blog here.
On the Cooking During Stolen Moments blog plan for this week, I'll be posting a full game plan that includes Chicken Parmesan fingers and garlic spaghetti. I'll also be posting some more recipes that I'll be making throughout the week. And I will do a few posts on time management in the kitchen and how I stick to our $350 grocery budget. If you have any questions, recipe or full game plan requests, please let me know and I'll answer those this week too.
Sausage, Spinach & Cheese Quiche
- 1 pie crust for single crust pie
- 1 T. butter or margarine
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 c. frozen spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 lb. bulk sausage or 1 pkg. brown & serve sausage, sliced
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. mustard powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2. Melt butter in a skillet. Add the green pepper and onion to the pan. Cook until onion is tender. Add frozen spinach and cook until warmed through. Set aside and cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in veggie mixture and sausage. Stir in seasonings and cheese.
4. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 425 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until crust edges are browned. Remove from oven and cover edges with tin foil. Put back in oven and back for 30-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.