Come visit the new home of Cooking During Stolen Moments at http://stolenmomentscooking.com

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Notes and A Quiche Recipe

I'll be stealing some time in the kitchen to make this yummy dinner tomorrow night.

If you want to see my menu plan for the week, I posted it on my other blog here.

On the Cooking During Stolen Moments blog plan for this week, I'll be posting a full game plan that includes Chicken Parmesan fingers and garlic spaghetti. I'll also be posting some more recipes that I'll be making throughout the week. And I will do a few posts on time management in the kitchen and how I stick to our $350 grocery budget. If you have any questions, recipe or full game plan requests, please let me know and I'll answer those this week too.

Photobucket

Sausage, Spinach & Cheese Quiche

  • 1 pie crust for single crust pie
  • 1 T. butter or margarine
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 c. frozen spinach
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 lb. bulk sausage or 1 pkg. brown & serve sausage, sliced
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. pepper
  • 1/2 t. mustard powder
  • 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prebake empty pie shell in pie plate for 3 minutes.
Photobucket

2. Melt butter in a skillet. Add the green pepper and onion to the pan. Cook until onion is tender. Add frozen spinach and cook until warmed through. Set aside and cool.

Photobucket

3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in veggie mixture and sausage. Stir in seasonings and cheese.
Photobucket
4. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 425 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until crust edges are browned. Remove from oven and cover edges with tin foil. Put back in oven and back for 30-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I just discovered your blog on Tuesday over at Tammy's Recipes. I'm really enjoying browsing your recipes. I've made the black bean rice bowls and my family of 6 loved them. I plan to try the quiche and salibury steak soon. I appreciate that you cook from scratch with frugality in mind! Thanks so much! Cathy

Michelle said...

Beautiful looking meal! I would like to hear more about your grocery budget and shopping techniques...I just posted a bit about mine!